Thursday 30 July 2015

First regards from Richard of the North

Hello Folks

Richard again from Scotland. First shot at the blog was just a hello. I am an Outdoor education worker plying his trade in the North of Glasgow for a charity called Royston Youth Action (RYA). RYA is a community organisation that runs two centres in which we are helping to build the capacity for the locals to develop their own community. Our remit is to work with with any age range on a variety of issues. We work in schools in various different areas and also in partnership with various different organisations ( Hello Charlie Mooney :)).  I oversee the outdoor activities in the organisation and facilitate Duke of Edinburgh/hillwalking, Snowboarding/Skiing, Kayaking/Canoeing, Mountain biking/ Cycling activities amongst many others. I am currently half way through a community learning development degree in which I write assignments based on my practice and experiential learning in the outdoors and other settings. 

I have a Beautiful Daughter who is 5 years old who is just awesome. The Outdoors is the place to be and I am very thankful to be part of this programme. I look forward to meeting you all and sharing and learning over the course of the training.
 


Kind regards 

Richard of the North       

No comments:

Post a Comment