Thursday 30 July 2015

Blog

I am Charlie Mooney and I live in a small village called Douglas in South Lanarkshire Scotland. I am married and work as a communities worker in North East Glasgow.
I have been lucky enough to be involved with a few international exchanges including a trip on the tall ships, which was awesome.
I have quite a wide remit from Duke of Edinburgh award leader to library manager and cycle tutor to school officer. That's just the way it is in my organisation. Never a dull day, I feel this project will help me build a clear vision and develop an action plan for the future outdoor activities I plan to deliver for my organisation.
The hopes and fears of this project are laced in the success or failure of the delivery of this action plan. I want to remind Glasgow Life, my organisation, just how much the outdoor work impacted on the young people I have worked with and how this should be a important part of or delivery. I work with some great people, the partners I have been involved with have really supported the various projects I deliver and I hope they would say the same about me.
I plan to give this project some my shared experiences some great some not so, but all part of the story that makes me a strong believer in the outdoor strategy as a learning bowl for some of the hardest to reach young people in the city of Glasgow.

That was a bit deep for a Thursday morning, but I,ll just go with it. Obviously excited to be heading down to the lakes with my mate Ricky. See you all there.

Sent from EE

No comments:

Post a Comment