Wednesday 29 July 2015

Centres of Excellence - First Blog

Hi,

I'm Dafydd and I work with the Scots Guards and volunteer with the Metropolitan Police Volunteer Cadets. I am also in the process of completing my Gold Duke of Edinburgh and also try to squeeze in as much Hiking and Mountaineering as possible. I have been lucky enough to gain my Mountain Medics course and am currently completing my Hill and Moorland Leaders course. 

I have been lucky enough to go on a few international projects with Momentum in conjunction with the National Volunteer Police Cadets. I have so far been to Georgia and Serbia and have taken part in projects in the UK. As well as international projects I have the travel bug and in the past 12 months have been to Warsaw, New York, Tenerife and Berlin. 

The main reason for me wanting to take part in this project is to go into the outdoors and take part in some adventurous activities and also to make more international links across the world and learn about there cultures (and share mine). 

I am really hoping to learn about different types outdoors education (and hopefully passing the techniques on to the National Volunteer Police Cadets). My major concern is height (as I have a massive phobia of heights!!!)

Finally I am hoping that I will be able to pass on my passion for English Mountaineering and my love of the outdoors!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment